Fluor Telecom Engineering Specialist IV in farnborough, United Kingdom
Fluor UK Ltd is seeking to recruit experienced Telecommunication Engineers with prior EPC experience to be based located in our Farnborough UK Headquarters. We are ideally seeking candidates with experience in the Energy and Chemicals sector (particularly Onshore Oil and Gas) with recent experience of modularisation design methodologies and designing for efficient fabrication and construction. We are also keen to speak to any engineers who have previously worked on significant projects in the Life Sciences and Advanced Manufacturing, Power Generation (Renewable and Conventional), Metal and Mining industries or infrastructure.
As a Senior Telecommunications Engineer you will execute engineering processes, provide technical knowledge, and be capable of performing the work listed below. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position will include the opportunity to work as an Area Lead or Lead Engineer on assigned projects and will require the candidate to evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques to a medium set of moderately difficult assignments.
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Develop and review requirements and specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, subcontracting and if driven by the project need, evaluating, selecting and managing telecom integrators.
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate or complex engineering problems
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Be able to design PA/GA system and associated SPL assessments in a process plant environment
• Capable for designing security systems including CCTV, Access Control etc.
• Understand the design of Network solutions within a multi-industry environment
• Perform design of linear monitoring systems
• Design fibre-optic plant infrastructure and transmission mediums
• Perform design calculations and specification for radio system solutions, including where necessary ship-to-shore
Job ID: 93601BR
Country: United Kingdom
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.