Fluor Senior Design Engineer (Systems Design Manager) in Riverdale Park, Maryland
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex to difficult engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
• Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, conducting training seminars, and performance appraisal input and counseling
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Leading and managing a project team to oversee the design and construction of the Communications and Signaling systems. This will include managing multiple stakeholders including design consultants, direct hire staff, several major subcontractors and associated government and regulatory authorities. The role is reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager/Deputy Project Director. The Systems Design Manager will adopt a strong focus on commercial management to mitigate risk and ensure the project budget is achieved so it is essential to have this capability.
• The role also has an advisory and acceptance role on the technical issues related to design review and specifications compliance.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 98210BR
City: Riverdale Park
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.