At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Assigned to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) Construction organization in a Constructability Design Integration Subject Matter Expert position. Principle responsibilities include:
• Provide EARLY input into the project planning, design, procurement, and field operations to achieve the optimum Total Installed Cost (TIC) of a project through use of construction knowledge, experience, and new technologies.
• Review design documents, specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data for constructability issues.
• Utilize modeling programs such as Navisworks and/or Smart Plant Review to assist in constructability reviews
• Review vendor bids for constructability issues and to verify material and/or equipment are in conformance to specifications
• Coordinate with design office teams and other constructability team members to perform project team reviews and provide comments on design output.
• Integrate delivery dates and sequencing of design, procurement, construction, and start-up to minimize overall schedule critical path duration.
• Provide early input on work sequencing to support development of the Path of Construction (sequence) and communicate the path to design and procurement.
• Provide design teams and other project groups with constructability concepts, best practices, construction details and lessons learned.
• Coordinate with ES&H to identify Safety requirements for incorporation in the design.
• Assist work planners throughout the development of Construction Work Package sequences to ensure design deliverables support the Construction Plan and include constructability input.
• Provide Design with input from Construction management team on preferred construction techniques and methods, such as shop fabrications, field fabrications, shop weld, field weld, etc.
• Assist design on scope and schedule of procurement orders and material assignment schedule.
• Assist construction and procurement with scope definition and technical data during scope development and formation of subcontracts.
• Interface with Site Technical Representatives (STR) to support subcontractors for related scope.
• Provide input/updates to the design-generated facility 3D model.
• Provide Construction Work Area definition and support/coordinate Engineering Work Package (EWP) development with Construction Work Package (CWP) development.
• Support the project team in the preparation of cost estimates.
• Creatively analyze activities which are on the project construction critical path and activities which have significant duration and construction effort/cost.
• Monitor and expedite off-site material fabrication status and coordinate the proper flow of material to the site by maintaining an open dialogue with suppliers and fabricators.
• Assist the Superintendent and Area Superintendents in resolving construction issues.
• Communicates with Design Engineering to understand design requirements and resolve field problems.
• Researching Lessons Learned, Constructability Knowledge databases, and project historical reports to gather ideas and suggestions to consider for use on the project
• Maintain the constructability log with comments that have been provided to other groups and follow up to ensure comments have been properly incorporated.
• Participate in construction related design decisions—provide the construction perspective input to schedules, design deliverables, equipment purchases, equipment delivery configuration and sequence.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of all field construction activities for assigned projects typically with a value in excess of $500 Million in conformance with plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. The role requires an authoritative knowledge and background of assigned work, an holistic grasp of complex situations, the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and alternative solutions to project objectives. With command, this position directs construction staff and line supervision as necessary in their respective roles to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate and direct construction craftsmen in numerous crafts and/or to manage contractors/subcontractors for the same within the assigned area of responsibility. This role may be referred to as Manager IV, Construction.
• Assure that all requirements and expectations of the Fluor Operating System Requirements (OSR), appropriate Operating System Implementation plan (OSIP), and strict adherence to other business line requirements
• Execute field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards
• Control project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources including workforce, materials, tools, and equipment
• Monitor productivity and cost and implement appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 137123BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.