At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to apply engineering constructs of advanced complexity to propose new methods to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Work on projects of advanced scope for HSE activities on medium to large-scale Total Installed Cost (TIC) projects; duties may include preparation of design HSE deliverables, the preparation of the supporting HSE documents and execution of project specific HSE activities
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide recommendations to project management; assist in monitoring implementation of design HSE requirements stipulated in applicable codes and HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and review the project design to confirm compliance with all HSE requirements
• Prepare scope of work or perform and document work requiring independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of advanced techniques, procedures and criteria, for example, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), coordination and execution of Safety Cases (SC) and support studies, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Fire Protection Specifications (FPS), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and perform analysis of regulations against project needs of advanced scope so that design will comply with regulations
• Maintain and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals by applying HSE procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training, Fluor University training and the use of knowledge management portals and communities
• Promote and foster Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment
• Establish advanced HSE design/performance criteria and specifications for executing work and reviews the project regularly to confirm compliance with Company, client and governing authorities
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141892BR
City: Al Khobar
State: Eastern Province
Country: Saudi Arabia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.