Fluor Associate Design Engineer I - Piping in Aliso Viejo, California
The purpose of this position is to use established practices and guidelines applying educational knowledge of design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs work on routine scope engineering assignments and performs specific and limited portions of engineering assignments.
• Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple piping components, and solve problems of simple engineering complexity
• Review vendor documentation within the Piping discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Participate in material procurement activities
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Acquire basic knowledge of piping components
• Perform basic pipe stress analysis and / or pipe wall thickness (pressure and vacuum) calculations
• Select piping materials required and evaluate service life and suitability
• Acquire basic working knowledge of Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID)
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 126848BR
City: Aliso Viejo
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.