Fluor Building Modeling Information Manager in Aliso Viejo, California
The purpose of the Project BIM Manager role is to manage and coordinate the delivery of project BIM Execution Plan, supporting integrated technology and client BIM requirements.
The Project BIM Manager will be responsible for implementation of and adherence to the overall BIM Execution. The position will be project deployed, but will require overall strategy development in line with corporate initiatives to support multi-business line development.
Typically reporting to the Project Manager, he/she will be required to:
• Information Management
• Implement all automation-related activities on a project
• Promote and ensure effective knowledge sharing behaviors in the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
• Work with the client and project management to analyze and develop work processes to identify the desired electronic interaction among the client, partners, contractors, suppliers, and Fluor
• Coordinate the IM scope, services, budget, and schedule
• Coordinate design automation kick-off activities and provide overall cross-discipline automation coordination
• Identify and coordinate the IM project turnover and close-out activities
• Ensure compliance with any software or technology-licensing issues when Fluor is required to provide technology access to project joint-venture partners
• Provide people development and direct and general supervision
• Develop the Project Information Management (PIM) scope of work, deliverables, and schedule for implementation in cooperation with the project management, client, and contractor teams
• Support the development and delivery of required Key Performance Indicator(KPI) reports
• Identify any special local area network/wide area network (LAN/WAN) requirements and activities computing requirements for the project
• BIM Execution and Planning
• Translating Employer Information Requirements (EIRs) into pre contract and post contract BIM Execution plans
• Defining the data deliverables and COBie transfer requirements throughout the project lifecycle, applying RIBA PoW / NBS dPOW stage principles.
• Working with project disciplines and stakeholders to ensure they understand overall methodology and data requirements.
• Where multi-models or split scope execution is required ensure the appropriate clash management processes are managed.
• Managing shared data both within the project and between key stakeholders.
• Coordinating the overall modelling and management processes, specifying and managing the Common Data Environment (CDE).
• Ensure that any pre-qualification activities for engineering and construction contractors on their computer aided design (CAD) and technology capabilities are completed; integrate the technology needs of the project with the capabilities of the contractors, vendors, and client;
• BIM Standards
• Support the overall company development of regional BIM standards (BS/PAS1192).
• Incorporation of security related requirements to respond to defense sector demands through List X, cyber security, ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management and PAS 1192-5:2015.
• Definition of BIM class library data requirements through Industry standards, such as Industry Foundation Classes (IFC), uniclass classification and Fluor Unison data standards.
• Mapping of COBie handover requirements into design software to ensure seamless delivery at key stage gates.
• Assisting clients in overall data definition and refinement of EIRs.
• Proven experience of managing large projects under BIM standards.
• Working knowledge of COBie or other equivalent class libraries.
• Must have a “Team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required
• Previous experience with Bentley AECOsim, Autodesk Revit or equivalent 3D modelling solutions.
• Experience of managing remote teams.
• Deep understanding of the project life cycle, familiarity of data as it resides in engineering systems as well as data collection methods with the supply chain.
• Must show evidence of delivering project handover / commissioning / completion stages.
Job ID: 108116BR
City: Aliso Viejo
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.