At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is seeking a Manager, Community Affairs for its Southern California offices to provide leadership and execution of our philanthropic in support of the company’s community and employee engagement objectives.
This position manages multiple internally and externally focused programs of the corporation and its foundation (Fluor Foundation). The position is part of a global team responsible for developing, managing and supporting the company’s community footprint, employee volunteerism and philanthropic initiatives. The position maintains working relationships with executive management, represents the company within external community audiences, and includes budgetary and disbursement responsibility. More specifically, the position will
• Assist with the administration of the Fluor Contributions program, including the Fluor Foundation, following established global community affairs guidelines and priorities
• Prepare and manage the local contributions budget
• Administer the local Fluor Cares employee giving and volunteer program, including the execution of program guidelines, ensuring regulatory compliance, coordinating projects and special activities, providing committee guidance and assisting operations centers and project offices with program implementation
• Partner with internal employee resource groups to support Fluor Cares and ensure integration of community involvement strategy
• Assist with the development, implementation, or specific aspects of assigned programs and initiatives – e.g., Scholarship Program for Employees’ Children, Building Futures school supply initiative, STEM outreach, and major Fluor fundraising events
• Coordinate regional contributions assisting operations centers and management with planning, review, and disbursement
• Coordinate and participate in public relations and community activities, events, and programs ensuring Fluor representation, visibility, and market positioning
• Develop and maintain public affairs, corporate social responsibility, and community networks and partnerships
• Support and coordinate representation and participation with business-related membership organizations
• Prepare various community reports for internal and external distribution and inclusion as required for project proposals, government reporting, and brand positioning.
• Leverage internal and external resources to administer policies and procedures consistently across all business lines, functions, and locations
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• May need to travel to attend to business-related matters
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 140548BR
City: Aliso Viejo
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.