Fluor Senior Design Engineer - Rotating Equipment in Aliso Viejo, California
This position performs work requiring advanced knowledge which is predominantly intellectual in character and which routinely exercises discretion and judgment. The advanced knowledge is in a field of science or learning and gained through a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction, experience, and expertise acquired in the field.
This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs complex to difficult engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies advanced engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts
• Establish, track, and monitor material key quantities; provide analysis and forecasts
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
• Develop and update job execution plans
• Develop and build external relations with client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors and interface closely with other discipline functions promoting Client Service Excellence
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability
• Assign work to teams, monitor and manage the work
•Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
• Establish and lead the squad check effort for vendor equipment documentation for assigned equipment
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Prepare/review scopes of work for third party contracts
• Support proposal and estimate activities
• Identify deviations in job scope, estimate magnitude of changes, and initiate trends or change orders
• Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, conducting training seminars, and performance appraisal input and counseling
• Direct and oversee audits
• Assist in the development of department standards, procedures, practices, and guidelines
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
Job ID: 116343BR
City: Aliso Viejo
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.