At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of the largest global engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and maintenance company with projects and offices on six continents.
Fluor Engineering NV, located in Antwerp, is focused on developing long-term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in all sectors of the Process Industry in Belgium: Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Life Sciences, Food, Pharmaceutical, Recycling,.. The Antwerp office provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering, basic engineering, and detailed engineering through commissioning and construction support.
The Process group is a dynamic team in which technology, process design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on process design and/or process control, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for a successful process engineer. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
Process engineers take overall responsibility for the process and process control functionality for projects in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry, renewable energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able / willing to develop knowledge to:
• Develop the process configuration that best supports the client’s business case during the conceptual engineering
• Further development of the process design and ensure that the required functionality is maintained during the following design and engineering phases.
• Towards project completion, the process engineers are involved in testing and start-up of the facility; either in a leading role or supporting the client.
• More senior engineers actively support the business development process by supporting our clients with their definition of new projects and by preparing competitive proposals.
• Coordinate the process engineering activities, assign work in cooperation with senior lead engineer
• Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
• Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
• Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers
Job ID: 141013BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.