Fluor Senior Electrical Engineer in Antwerp, Belgium
Scope of Activities
Fluor Engineering NV in Antwerp is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects, engineers / designers take responsibility for the functionality of the electrical & Instrumentation & Control system project scope in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry, renewable energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing. They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
• Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects for installations in all voltage levels HV, MV, LV. Work activities include e.g.:
Development of: the engineering and design details to properly size, calculate, design and description of the installation details for a complete and operating electrical system that meets the Client requirements for E.g.: Feeder panels, MCC’s, Substations, Transformers, Motors, Power Cables, Lightning systems, Grounding systems; a contractors scope of work and oversee the development of detailed design drawings like one line diagrams, plans, wiring details and fabrication drawings;
The complete cycle of writing/reviewing control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over. This for all system hardware required.
• Supervision, planning, organization of the work :
Coordinate the electrical engineering and design ; Assign work in cooperation with the department manager / engineering manager
Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management.
Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines.
Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers/designers
• Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement
• Minimum 15 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor or production company in the process industry.
• Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices
• Exhibit thorough understanding and having practical knowledge/experience with field installations, field verifications and available electrical components
• Knowledge of electrical calculation programs like VISION, ETAP is preferred.
Job ID: 127743BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.