At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine the layout and placement of equipment and machinery in factory setting.
· Determine and execute work procedures safely and efficiently to install new machines and equipment. Dismantle, move existing machines and equipment.
· Assemble/Disassemble and install machines, conveyors, pumps and compressor then assist in testing them to make sure they are working correctly.
· Assemble, install and perform maintenance on equipment such as Agitators, Conveyors, Pumps, Compressors
· Align, level, track and plumb machines, conveyors, pumps, and equipment
· Assemble machines using various methods as bolting, welding, rivets or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
· Identify and repair problematic parts of a machine. Make temporary repairs or installing new parts.
· Lubricate machines, agitators, pumps and equipment
· Repair industrial warehouse storage racking systems
· Use rigging procedures and equipment
· May be involved in the grouting activity for equipment base plates.
· May be involved in core drilling and setting equipment protection bollards
· Inspect worksite to determine presence of obstructions and determine route and safe means of access for installation or maintenance.
· Determine the required tools & materials to efficiently and safely execute the assignment
· Plan sequence of work to minimize downtime, avoid obstructions, and other construction or operation activities.
· Efficiently use and read precision tools of the trade such as but not limited to: Inside and outside micrometers, dial calipers, depth micrometers, dial indicators, periphery tape measures, laser alignment tools, etc.
· Perform material, tools and equipment inspections
· Observe and abide by all safety regulations
Preferred 4+ Years’ Experience
· Commercial / Industrial Millwright experience as indicated above
· Working in a fully operational manufacturing facility
· Driving/operating Standard Forklift, Forklift Lull, Aerial Boom and Platform Scissor Lift
· Using basic shop tools of the trade: Thread Machine, Drill press, Table Bandsaw, Metal Break, Metal Shear, Plasma Arc, Oxygen/Acetylene Torch
· Using basic hand and power tools of the trade.
Basic Job Qualification Requirements:
· Able to work minimum 40+ plus hours per week
· Self-motivated individual with a cooperative attitude a must
· Ability to work with minimum or direct supervision
· Perform basic rigging
· Perform detail layout
· Perform oxyfuel cutting operations
· Fabricate and install gaskets
· Proper selection of fasteners
· Fabricate shims
· Make field sketches
· Basic lubrication
· Fabricate items from field sketches
· Remove and install couplings
· Establish equipment and machinery center lines and elevations
· Conventional alignment
· Perform reverse alignment
· Pre-alignment for drilling and tapping
· Set baseplates and soleplates
· Repair and replace packing
· Service mechanical seals
· Install and replace bearing and bushing
· Advanced construction drawing & blueprint reading
· Install fans and blowers
· Work up to 12hr+ Shifts for a 40hr+ week
· Work at elevated heights using Ladders, Scaffolding, Aerial Lifts
· Able to lift up to 40 lbs throughout the shift
· Able to stand and work for prolonged periods of time
· Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the basic and essential functions as identified above
· Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
· Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms and other job-related noises
· Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
· Must be able to work wearing Hardhat, Safety glasses, Safety/Steel toe boots, High visibility vest and Fall arrest harness equipment
· Able to work inside or outside with various temperature and weather conditions and where noise levels are at or above 85 decibels with hearing protection
· Minimum of a high school education or equivalent
Job ID: 142454BR
City: Bear River City
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.