At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Job Summary: Fluor is looking for a hardworking, motivated person to fill a laborer position within our team of craft professionals. The successful candidate will have a focus on developing the skills required to be a professional tradesperson.
Performs various small projects throughout an industrial manufacturing work site that consist of assisting electricians, millwrights, welders, and carpenters with their regular work duties, as well as performing other miscellaneous jobs. Regular work hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Job duties include:
• Utilize hand tools to perform small project repair/installations including architectural and building facility components (doors, walks, steps, railing, etc.), and minor mechanical repairs to client production machines and equipment.
• Perform spotter support of powered pallet trucks, aerial work platforms, and other construction machinery.
• Perform fire watch tasks for hot work activities.
• Loading and unloading materials and equipment.
• Will be required to perform general labor tasks and miscellaneous tasks such as housekeeping (cleaning) and organizational duties.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum one years knowledge and experience with hand tools and shop tools.
• General knowledge of industrial construction principles
• Basic knowledge of OSHA workplace safety rules and requirements for industrial construction
• Basic understanding of:
o Electrical power systems,
o Mechanical systems such as manufacturing machines, pumps, piping, pneumatics
o Carpentry, civil, and concrete practices
• Experience operating powered pallet trucks
• Strong mathematical skills which may include algebra and trigonometry
• Ability to speak and comprehend verbal instructions in the English language.
• Ability to read and comprehend medium complex instructions, short correspondence and memos in the English language.
• Ability to write simple correspondence in the English language.
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual verbal and written communication abilities is a benefit.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; lift up to 40 pounds; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Job functions will be performed in climate controlled environments, non-controlled environments, and outdoors year around.
Craft Work Experience 1 - 4Years Required
Job ID: 142453BR
City: Bear River City
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.