Fluor Mechanical Engineer in Berlin, Germany
Fluor GmbH is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45.000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. Fluor offers Project Management and EPCM support in all phases of the project life-cycle based on the following three business groups:
• Energy Solutions
This group focuses on energy transition, chemicals, LNG and traditional oil and gas markets. Fluor pursues new opportunities emerging in the energy transition markets including carbon capture, green chemicals, hydrogen, biofuels and other low carbon energy sources. At the same time, Fluor continues to be an engineering and construction leader in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
• Urban Solutions
Urbanization continues to drive demand and create significant growth opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions in mining, metals, advanced technologies, manufacturing, life sciences, infrastructure and professional staffing.
• Mission Solutions
As a leading provider of mission solutions, Fluor primarily focuses on federal agencies across the U.S. government and select international opportunities.
Fluor Germany provides professional and technical solutions, combining global engineering and construction strength with local focus, to clients in Germany, Europe, and around the world.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will have the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence.
This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs moderately complex engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
As a Mechanical Engineer your main tasks will be;
• Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems;
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 127562BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.