Fluor Project Manager in Berlin, Germany
Fluor GmbH is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45.000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide. Fluor offers Project Management and EPCM support in all phases of the project life-cycle based on the following three business groups:
• Energy Solutions
This group focuses on energy transition, chemicals, LNG and traditional oil and gas markets. Fluor pursues new opportunities emerging in the energy transition markets including carbon capture, green chemicals, hydrogen, biofuels and other low carbon energy sources. At the same time, Fluor continues to be an engineering and construction leader in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
• Urban Solutions
Urbanization continues to drive demand and create significant growth opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions in mining, metals, advanced technologies, manufacturing, life sciences, infrastructure and professional staffing.
• Mission Solutions
As a leading provider of mission solutions, Fluor primarily focuses on federal agencies across the U.S. government and select international opportunities.
Fluor Germany provides professional and technical solutions, combining global engineering and construction strength with local focus, to clients in Germany, Europe, and around the world.
Due to grow of our German office we are looking for a Project Manager to join our team :
As a Project Manager you will have oversight of a specific area and establishing a course of action within limits of company practices and guidelines.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project.
As a Project Manager you will perform project management responsibilities on a small to medium sized, low to moderate risk engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) or services project (as defined by the Business Line) or on an assigned segment of a larger project, including coordination of design, procurement, and construction activities.
When assigned to only a segment of a larger project, this role develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team. When acting in the role of a Proposal Manager, this position is responsible for managing completion of technical and commercial proposals, providing project planning, means and methods of project execution, schedule preparation, cost estimating, and proposal strategy.
Your main duties will be :
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project
• Develop a complete understanding of the Fluor prime contract and relevant subcontracts
• Collaborate in the preparation of the project in accordance with the Fluor contractual obligations, Fluor’s Operating System Requirements (OSR) and the relevant Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP)
• Verify with the Project Director (PD) that project requirements for Baseline Centric Execution, safety, quality, cost, and productivity are met in all locations managed by Fluor where work is being performed
• Draft for the Project Director (PD) approval the project baseline (as defined in the OSR) and verify that it is fully documented, updated, and communicated to the project team as appropriate , and match to Fluor contract scope of work and responsibilities
• Support the PD to deliver the project in accordance with the project execution and commercial baselines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 127563BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.