Fluor Associate Project Controls Specialist II in Bessemer City, North Carolina
This position is for a remote Project Controls Specialist supporting the Livent facility in Bessemer City, NC. Candidate should be within commuting distance of Livent in case on-site work is needed.
Fluor Enterprises Inc. has a Master Services Agreement with Livent and has been requested to provide support to the plant's capital program. Plant Engineering Services LLC (PES) specializes in small-mid cap projects and as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor, has been asked to provide project management, engineering and design and construction support resources to support the plant's capital program.
This position performs Project Control functions related to cost and/or schedule and assists in the preparation of Project Controls activities for a project or assignment. In addition, it is the expectation that person act as an independent safety auditor, performing random safety observations and working closely with the project's Construction and Project engineering resources to address any identified concerns.
This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly within the client’s organization (projects, operations, safety, etc.). It is also the expectation that they work with the PES Project Engineers and Program Manager to identify opportunities in which Fluor or PES can provide added value to Livent.
Job duties include the following -
• Prepare the Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract
• Accumulate and compile accurate cost management data to prepare the project budget and update the progress of the project
• Develop cost control/scheduling procedures, execution plan, and business plan for a project
• Participate in regular project cost reviews/schedule meetings
• Develop and implement a basic change management system for engineering and construction
• Develop and maintain Management, Project and Control level schedules
• Identify trends and deviations and recommend corrective courses of action
• Maintain the established project cost/schedule program and prepare schedule/cost status reports
• Coordinate the review of Project Profit/Risk Analysis with management and provide status reporting
• Participate in the change management process
• Provide meaningful, accurate historical data
• Analyze data and proactively seek resolution to variances from the project baseline
• Ensure project conforms with Fluor project execution practices
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Conduct regular project safety audits of construction activities, working closely with the project construction lead and plant safety team to provide prompt and meaningful feedback to assure a safe working environment
• Ability to work remotely; this position is currently telework
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 126464BR
City: Bessemer City
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.