Fluor Plant Engineering: Project Engineer III in Bessemer City, North Carolina
Plant Engineering Services LLC, a Fluor company, is committed to providing our customers in the oil, gas & chemical, power, mining and manufacturing industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
Plant Engineering Services LLC, offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
Keeping with the Fluor tradition as a worldwide leader in engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance, Plant Engineering Services LLC seeks individuals who share our commitment to engineering excellence.
The purpose of this position is to plan and perform work requiring sound technical judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments. The successful candidate for this position would be responsible for managing multiple small to medium sized projects at the facility.
This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly within the client’s organization (projects, operations, safety, etc.). It is also the expectation that they work with Fluor's Account Manager for the client and PES management to identify opportunities in which Fluor or PES can provide added value to the client
• Follow client specific project requirements. Where applicable, and when not in conflict with client procedures, utilize Fluor/PES project management Best Practices.
• Point of engagement into the client’s capital management process will vary from project to project.
• Work with the client (as needed) to help identify business needs and supporting business cases documentation.
• Participate in plot plan review and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews in regard to plant safety/operability/Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assignment.
• Participate in bid tab evaluations for equipment; check vendor data for equipment
• For assigned projects, assume a leadership role in guiding projects through the clients approval process.
• Support project cost estimation and validation by working with both client and vendor personnel.
• Responsible for managing cost and schedule throughout all phases of assigned projects.
• Coordinate with site planners to establish effective construction schedules and support site during start up and commissioning.
• Lead project execution by organizing scheduling meetings, design review meetings, PHA’s, MOC safety reviews, etc. as required by plant capital process.
• Responsible for assuring that multiple solutions (pros and cons) are considered to address client project goals.
• Provide design input directly to small size projects that do not require outside engineering/design support.
• Responsible for project handover and closure including all required documentation and training.
• In conjunction with Project Controls, prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provide regular updates to client personnel through regular and clear communications.
• Assure that issues and concerns are addressed in timely, open and honest manner.
• Comply with Federal, State and local government regulations.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Job ID: 116894BR
City: Bessemer City
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.