Fluor Project Manager I in Bessemer City, North Carolina
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project.
This position is for an on-site Project Manager at the Livent facility in Bessemer City, NC. Fluor Enterprises Inc. has a Master Services Agreement with Livent and has been requested to provide support to the plant's capital program. Plant Engineering Services LLC (PES) specializes in small-mid cap projects and as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor, has been asked to provide project management, engineering and design resources to support the plant's capital program.
The successful candidate for this position would be responsible for managing multiple projects at the facility and may be required to provide oversight to less experienced Project Managers, Project Engineers, discipline engineers and support staff. This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly within the client’s organization (projects, operations, safety, etc.). It is also the expectation that they work with Fluor's Account Manager for Livent to identify opportunities in which Fluor or PES can provide added value to Livent.
• Mid level Project Manager overseeing multiple on site projects.
• Work with the client (as needed) to identify business needs and supporting business cases.
• Support the client through internal project approval processes.
• Follow client specific project requirements.
• Where applicable, and when not in conflict with client procedures, utilize Fluor/PES project management Best Practices.
• Collaborate in the preparation of the documents associated with the execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with contractual obligations, Fluor’s Operating System Requirements (OSR) and the relevant Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP)
• Support the project leadership in verifying that Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project
• Responsible for assuring that multiple solutions (pros and cons) are considered to address client project goals.
• Identify opportunities for Fluor/PES to add value to the client’s project execution.
• Provide design input directly to small size projects that do not require outside support.
• Assures system and product quality by defining acceptance testing requirements.
• Responsible for project handover and closure including all required documentation and training.
• Prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Provides regular updates to client personnel through regular and clear communications.
• Assure that issues and concerns are addressed in timely, open and honest manner.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Be willing to accept other (reasonable) client defined duties not covered in this job description.
Job ID: 127023BR
City: Bessemer City
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.