HSE Area Lead – Hot Side
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
At our project site in Boden, Sweden we are looking for an HSE Lead as of now.
The purpose of this position is to manage the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and train subordinates assigned to her/his area on HSE activities on Total Installed Cost (TIC) large-scale projects; duties may include the calculation and control of HSE budgets, staffing requirements and schedules; preparation of certification/classification programs and the preparation of the supporting HSE documents; coordination and execution of safety cases (SC) and support studies; Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA); Process Hazard Analyses (PHA); Fire Protection Specifications (FPS) and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) as required by certification or regulatory entities
• Confirm project site adheres to Company and regulatory HSE standards and guidelines
• Conduct onsite risk assessment and mitigation
• Manage, train and supervise HSE employees, inspectors, nurses, medics, and other employees working in the HSE department on a project through an expert knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals
• Liaise as necessary between the Company, client, insurance carriers and regulatory agencies in order to provide assistance and resolution in regard to audits, remedial actions, worker’s compensation claims and other HSE related issues
• Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods relating to HSE using advanced techniques, modifications and extensions of theories, precepts and practices of the particular field, related sciences and disciplines
• Provide input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining expert knowledge of current guidelines and regulations
• Develop, customize, and supervise the implementation of HSE programs, including project sitebased HSE orientation, recognition and awards programs, to all levels of project staff to promote a balance between productivity and the safety of project staff and visitors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
• Run gap analyses to identify and address program gaps that may occur between Company practices, client requirements, and regulatory/legislative requirements in order to confirm that the project conforms to Company, client and regulatory/legislative requirements
• Initiate, foster and maintain HSE standards and goals through Company and/or project wide HSE programs to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment
• Supervise the development of approaches and solutions to HSE-related issues including managing investigations of accidents and near-misses, summarization of findings, and recommendation of strategies to prevent recurrences; supervise proposals and the implementation of a course of action approved by the Company and the client
• Supervise the collection, protection and data storage related to project incidents that may result in litigation
• Supervise the preparation, maintenance, retrieval, and communication of records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring the application of HSE standards and goals
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• Other duties as assigned
• Continue education and knowledge of industry-wide HSE-related information and technologies as well as new regulations and trends through continuing education, conferences, and/or periodicals, and continues to develop in-depth specialization • May serve as a Company representative to external HSE organizations
Job ID: 143317BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.