At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Layout, field route, fabricate, assemble and install new Utilities and Process piping systems according to job specifications
• Repair, modify or alter existing Utilities and Process piping systems
• Inspect worksite to determine presence of obstructions for pipe route and safe means of access for installation or maintenance.
• Determine the required tools & materials to efficiently and safely execute the assignment
• Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and other construction or operation activities.
• Inspecting materials, tools and equipment.
• Perform hydrostatic or pneumatic tests on new and existing piping systems
• Observe and abide by all safety regulations
Preferred 3+ Years’ Experience
• Commercial / industrial process pipefitting experience
• Working in a fully operational manufacturing facility
• Driving/operating Standard Forklift, Forklift Lull, Aerial Boom and Platform Scissor Lift
• Using basic shop tools of the trade: Thread Machine, Drill press, Table Bandsaw, Orbital saw, Metal Break, Metal Shear, Plasma Arc, Oxygen/Acetylene Torch
• Using basic hand and power tools of the trade: Grinder, Port-A-Band, ProPress Crimping tool, Facing tool, Tubing benders, Pipe Wrenches, Pipe Pliers, Wrenches, Ratch/Socket wrenches, Centering Head, Pipe Wrap, Pipe Clamp, Fitter Grips, Flange Aligner, Radius Markers, Welder’s Gauge, Flange Spreader, Hack Saw, Allen Wrenches, Spacing Wedges, Two-Hole Pins, Miter Marker, Tape Measure, Protractor, Pipe Fitter’s Square, Framing Square, Screwdrivers, Calculator, Laser Level.
• Assembling and installing variety of metal, nonmetal pipe, fittings such as Carbon Steel, Stainless, Plastic, Copper, Brass of various sizes and weights from ¼” OD to 18” OD
• Instrumentation fitting using SS, Plastic (Poly) and copper tubing
• Reading and interpreting all standard construction drawings: Blueprints, P&IDs, Schematics, Isometrics, 3D Model etc…
Basic Job Qualification Requirements:
• Able to work minimum 40+ plus hours per week
• Self-motivated individual with a cooperative attitude a must
• Ability to work with minimum or direct supervision
• Possess basic math skills
• Read and interpret all standard construction drawings
• Knowledge of the different types of pipes, valves, fittings, as well as their function within the system
• Knowledge of pipe fabrication methods, equipment and power tools
• Follow oral and written directions, plans, and blueprints
• Draft/draw ISOs
• Must have pipe fitter hand tools, which include but not limited to: Pipe Wrenches, Pipe Pliers, Combination Wrenches( Standard and Metric), Ratch/Socket set (Standard and Metric) , Centering Head, Pipe Wrap, Pipe Clamp, Fitter Grips, Flange Aligner, Radius Markers, Welder’s Gauge, Flange Spreader, Hack Saw, Allen Wrenches, Spacing Wedges, Two-Hole Pins, Miter Marker, Tape Measure, Protractor, Pipe Fitter’s Square, Framing Square, Screwdrivers, Calculator, Laser Level
• Work 12hr+ Shifts for a 40hr+ week
• Work at elevated heights using Ladders, Scaffolding, Aerial Lifts
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs frequently throughout the shift
• Able to stand and work for prolonged periods of time
• Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the basic and essential functions as identified above
• Must be able to move in and around confided spaces and uneven areas
• Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms and other job-related noises
• Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
• Must be able to work wearing Hardhat, Safety glasses, Safety/Steel toe boots, High visibility vest and Fall arrest harness equipment
• Abel to work inside or outside with various temperature and weather conditions and where noise levels are at or above 85 decibels
• Minimum of a high school education or equivalent
Job ID: 141333BR
City: Brown Summit
State: North Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.