Fluor Mechanical Superintendent in Burns Harbor, Indiana
This position is responsible for coordinating the effective execution of all maintenance and operations support activities for a medium to large maintenance contract and/or small capital project. Directly supervises maintenance personnel and other project personnel as required.
• Contribute to project effectiveness by assisting with the interpretation of engineering drawings, work orders, specifications and manufacturer’s technical data materials
• Improve service results by developing and implementing work process improvements in assigned area of responsibility
• Maintain work flow by approving completion process and stores requisitions for materials
• Ensure work is carried out in an efficient manner by coordinating daily work schedules with the customer’s operations, including personnel deployment, materials coordination, and information availability
• As directed fulfill contract and Operating System Requirements (OSR) and Operating System Implementation Plan (OSIP) requirements by ensuring that the duties and responsibilities of the project contract are clearly defined, documented and followed by the Fluor team
• Maintain staff by supervising and motivating craft, foreman, general foreman and supervisors with skills focused in the installation, repair, preventive and predictive maintenance, removal, operation or adjustment of equipment or components in accordance with project procedure requirements and specifications
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 111545BR
City: Burns Harbor
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.