Fluor Benefits Specialist in Calgary, Alberta
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
This position works within the benefits and HRIS team for Canada, interacting with vendors, clients, management and employees. This position will be responsible for ensuring services within benefits (health, dental, life, disability etc), and retirement plans (GRRSP) are properly executed and maintained at a satisfactory level. The role will establish a relationship with direct manager and colleagues as an expert in Canadian benefits. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding full business processes for maintaining complete employee lifecycle records, from keying a new hire record, to understanding assignment provisions, to interpreting complex benefit inquires, to assisting in termination consultations. This position will build successful relationships with vendors to ensure satisfactory service levels continue and hold them accountable at all times to meet or exceed the set expectation. This role will have growth potential over time. The successful candidate will ideally be a system savvy individual who enjoys taking on challenges. The position may function as a team leader for discipline specific initiatives.
• Interface with providers, consultants and third party administrators to review and maintain benefit plans and contracts (health, disability, life and accident, RRSP etc)
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity
• Audit and reconcile between internal systems and external providers to ensure consistency and accuracy, include reviewing weekly benefit adjustment reports, system error reports and reconciliations for all RRSP’s and disability premium collections
• Prepare analytics and metrics on benefit claims, premiums, and trends for management
• Become an ongoing support and technical/subject matter expert for Canada
• Answer client and employee benefit inquires, including investigating the source, explaining the solution, and following up on any related tasks that may be impacted
• Evaluate priorities and execute multiple tasks accordingly in a changing environment while escalating concerns as necessary
• Monitor Canadian legislation and potential impact on current programs
• Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards
• Manage, present and/or coordinate presentations, training sessions and initiatives
Job ID: 113092BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.