Fluor Contracts Management Specialist - New Grad 2018 in Calgary, Alberta
You can be a part of one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction maintenance, and project management companies. You can be challenged to make a difference designing some of the most complex, large-scale, and innovative projects around the globe.
Employees at Fluor enjoy:
• Training and development opportunities
• Mentorship programs and networking opportunities
• Community and social involvement activities
• Competitive salaries
• A positive work-life balance
• Vacation and flexible time off
• Every other Friday off
• Flexible start times
The Contracts Management Specialist performs a key role in the management and administration of contractors on projects to ensure commercial, schedule and scope obligations are met in a timely and cost efficient manner from contract award through to work completion and close-out.
Opportunities will include:
• Involvement throughout the entire project lifecycle of capital projects
• Exposure to the “big picture” of project execution, working alongside Project Management and our Client
• Participation in the multi-discipline coordination of scopes of work, working with Engineering, Cost & Scheduling, Quality, Safety and Construction to prepare RFP packages
• Identifying potential bidders and ensuring qualification criteria is met
• Evaluating bid proposals, working through the RFP and bidding process as dictated by Canadian Bidding Law in order to recommend the most commercially and technically viable bids to the Client
• Conducting pre-proposal, proposal clarification and contract kick-off meetings with contractors
• Coordinating contract documents and obtaining the contractor agreement and signatures
• Working closely with Contractors in the field and assisting with the of chairing of weekly progress meetings, processing monthly invoicing, and verifying and negotiating with contractors on cost changes during the construction phase of work
• Following a comprehensive procedure to gain final agreement of all monies due and final close out of the documentation process
Career Progression: Contracts Management Specialists may work in the home office during the RFP and bidding phase and mobilize to the project site to administer the contractor after award.
Job ID: 106599BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.