Fluor Environmental Permitting Lead in Calgary, Alberta
The purpose of this position is to manage the permitting activities for the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and initial start-up of large-scale projects in the energy, chemicals, power and infrastructure sectors, including a world-class liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility and export terminal in British Columbia, Canada.
Permitting activities will be performed through the application of company practices and procedures in accordance with contractual requirements and applicable laws. The individual will demonstrate visible and felt leadership to support a culture of caring for people and the environment, communication and engagement, and personal accountability.
Principal job duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop and prepare applications for permits, amendments and renewals.
• Obtain information, data and seek alignment with engineering disciplines, construction, subcontractors and consultants to support the preparation of permit applications.
• Consult and engage with governmental authorities, indigenous groups, public, stakeholders and adjacent landowners adhering to external relations requirements.
• Coordinate responses to any comments or requests for supplemental information from governmental authorities on permit applications.
• Manage the scope and budget of consultants (e.g., environmental, surveying, land services) and review deliverables.
• Support the development of a permits and consents plan, permitting procedures and job bulletins.
• Develop and maintain the master permit register and permitting schedule.
• Support the implementation of company’s compliance management system, including ongoing tracking of the compliance status of permit conditions.
• Monitor any new legislation or regulatory changes that may have an impact on permits, engineering or construction activities and provide guidance to project management and the client.
• Train and supervise lower level professionals on permitting and environmental engineering activities.
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines to support the project schedule.
Job ID: 109004BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.