At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The purpose of this position is to oversee the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the project’s employees.
• Assist with development of the required project’s HSE standards and goals and confirm Business Line/Corporate approval
• Oversee development of materials for HSE training, programs and processes
• Oversee the implementation of HSE departmental functions in regard to auditing, training, incident investigation, software, tools, the project’s HSE policies, procedures, and methods designed to drive the project’s HSE culture and meet the project’s HSE standards and goals through an expert knowledge of the project’s HSE standards, programs, and goals
• Lead teams of HSE professionals, including globally diverse teams when involved in projects
• Manage the overall direction and coordination of the HSE function on Total Installed Cost (TIC) large, complex projects by identifying and approving HSE project plans and contractor pre-qualifications and their effect on contractual agreements, schedules, activities, and milestones
• Liaise as necessary between the project, client, insurance carriers and regulatory agencies in order to provide assistance and resolution in regard to audits, remedial actions and other HSE related issues
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141382BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.