At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s most complex projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion, and allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
We are currently seeking an intermediate level Pressure Vessel Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience in oil and gas projects or related industries to join our team in our Calgary, Alberta office. This position has excellent growth opportunity, assisting the successful candidate to further develop their career with the support of other engineers, technical experts, and lead mechanical engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare design calculations, drawings, data sheets and specifications for pressure vessel equipment and tanks.
• Prepare technical requisitions for formal inquiry of pressure vessel equipment and tanks.
• Prepare technical bid evaluations for pressure vessel equipment and tanks.
• Review supplier drawings and data during detail design phase after PO award.
• Act as a technical focal point for assigned equipment, coordinating with other design disciplines and clients in review of equipment data during detail design.
• Participate in 3D Model reviews for assigned equipment.
• Prepare construction work packages for assigned equipment.
• Travel to supplier facilities and shops as required to witness testing or resolve fabrication issues.
• Provide technical support from home office during construction, commissioning, and start-up activities.
• Support Process engineers with equipment sizing and selection for conceptual studies and front-end work (e.g., DBM, FEED, etc.) for both new construction and brownfield revamp projects.
• Support projects in early phases with preliminary vessel sizing, designs, and cost estimates.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in technologies and equipment.
• Keep abreast of regulatory requirements applicable to pressure equipment.
• Assist with training, development, and supervision of junior personnel in Fluor’s Calgary office.
• Provide direct supervision and oversight of technical personnel in other Fluor offices executing portions of the project work.
Job ID: 140734BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.