Fluor Project Controls - New Graduate 2020 in Calgary, Alberta
You can be a part of one of the world’s leading Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication / Module Assembly, Construction and Commissioning Companies. You can be challenged to make a difference in being part of the team that provides internal and external management with cost and schedule certainty for sustaining capital, complex, large-scale, and innovative projects in Canada and globally.
Employees at Fluor enjoy:
• Training and development opportunities
• Networking opportunities
• Mentorship programs
• Community and social involvement activities
• Competitive salaries
• A positive work-life balance
• Vacation and flexible time off
• Every other Friday off
• Flexible start times
Project Controls at Fluor participate in planning, scheduling, progressing, cost control, forecasting and reporting aspects for a specific project. Project Controls Specialists are assigned for the full extent of a project and will enjoy seeing completion of their work from start to finish.
Responsibilities will include:
• Learn the cost and/or scheduling terminology
• Learn and understand the principles of a Work Breakdown Structure
• Collect data, input updates, and produce basic cost / scheduling management reports
• Ensure efficiency and accuracy in generating and gathering data; maintain orderly records to ensure the integrity of the sytem
• Assist in the change management process
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards
Successful candidates can expect as opportunities are available to go on field assignments in order to see the project through its duration, which provide opportunities to develop their skills and project knowledge to becoming our future leaders in the Company.
Job ID: 119287BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.