At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor Calgary has exciting opportunities for Project Engineers with mining industry experience to join our team.
Fluor Mining and Metals (M&M) is a leader in the study, engineering, and execution of M&M projects world-wide. Fluor has designed and constructed marquee projects in locations across the world. We work with multiple major, and many emerging, mining companies, generally with a copper or gold focus. Our team is leading the market with efficient designs and developing new ways of adopting the many innovative technologies emerging in our sector, redefining the project delivery model for the next wave of major world projects.
You would be responsible for the delivery of services by a portion of the Fluor team, supplier or contractor to Fluor's high safety and quality standards, meeting or improving on cost, schedule and project defined milestones. You could be part of the team for a mega-sized PCM project. We look forward to welcoming energetic contributors looking for long-term development as part of our vibrant office.
Project Engineers work on multidisciplinary teams to plan and perform work requiring sound technical judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments This role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience.
You will have the support of Fluor University Courses for continued learning experiences and the utilization of knowledge management communities to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution.
You would be responsible for activities including:
• Performing basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems;
• Coordinating efforts of technical disciplines, vendors, and licensors to ensure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements and contractual obligations;
• Supporting enforcement and/or implementation of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) requirements and initiatives;
• Reviewing project staffing requirements and coordinate staffing with supporting functional organization managers and/or subcontractors;
• Supporting creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans;
• Supporting creation and coordination of project effort hours, and cost estimates and budgets, and monitor progress and cost performance against these;
• Supporting the preparation, delivery, and coordination of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages;
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 142139BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.