Fluor Structural Designer, Intermediate in Calgary, Alberta
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
As an Intermediate Structural Designer you will be:
• Develop 3D Model for piling, concrete and steel elements using company standards and procedures.
• Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of moderate to advanced complexity with Smartsketch and Autocad.
• Work closely and openly with, Leads, Design Checkers, Engineers and other disciplines in a team environment..
• Check work done by other Designers when required.
• Review drawings and vendor equipment documentation from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution.
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures.
• Perform bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 111315BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.