Fluor Associate Design Engineer III (Structural) in Cebu City, Philippines
The purpose of this position is to apply basic design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of routine assignments.
• Employ cost competitive engineering techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
• Under general supervision, perform more detailed design and exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices;
• Prepare working drawings and sketches, and structural calculations;
• Perform and check the most routine types of calculations and design using both computer-aided and manual design techniques
• Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines as required for the performance of designs;
• Perform squad check of vendor data and drawings from other discipline;
• Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals;
• Provide assistance to the Lead Engineer or perform duties as an Lead as requested; and
• Participate in department training programs/seminars and on-line training.
Job ID: 111596BR
City: Cebu City
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.