Fluor Process On-the-Job Trainee (BS ChE) in Cebu City, Philippines
This position performs work requiring advanced knowledge which is predominantly intellectual in character and which routinely exercises discretion and judgment. The advanced knowledge is in a field of science or learning and gained through a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction, experience, and expertise acquired in the field.
The purpose of this position is to perform Process Technology engineering work requiring application of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform basic process engineering assignments
• Generate, calculate, and correlate data to assist higher level engineers in performing required engineering functions
• Understand and follow Process Design Basis and Process Design Criteria
• Maintain awareness of cost impacts related to process design
• Understand client objectives and goals; implement these objectives and goals in all aspects of work on the project
• Assist with process studies
• Assist in Heat and Material Balance (H&MB) development; produce Process Flow Diagrams (PFD)
• Assist in preparation of material selection; provide process data
• Perform equipment sizing and calculations for simple equipment; initiate equipment data sheets; provide input to equipment list
• Assist in preparation of initial Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) for simple process systems and/or utility systems
• Input process data on instrument datasheets
• Input process data on line list including design and upset conditions
• Compile emissions summary
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 105983BR
City: Cebu City
State: Central Visayas
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.