Fluor Construction Quality Control Manager in Dallas, Texas
This position provides supervisory services to manage the site quality program on projects and is typically the Site Quality Manager. However, on very large projects this person may report to a Senior Quality Manager or to a Director of Quality. The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of providing our clients and Fluor with projects that comply with the quality requirements stipulated in our prime contracts.
The Site Quality Manager is responsible for technical and functional responsibilities related to quality assurance support activities for power plant(s).
• Evaluates inspector performance and conducts inspector training.
• Directs and monitors the application of quality manpower to ensure that quality inspection and testing commitments are met.
• Performs assigned administrative functions as required for the proper control and supervision of quality personnel.
• Performs various inspections, examinations, and tests requiring advanced knowledge of procedures, codes, or standards.
• Monitors ongoing work for compliance with applicable company/ASME requirements.
• Provide effective communication in order to maintain liaison with management and project personnel.
• Prepare project audit schedules, discipline activity plans for the QA function, and audit reports (internal and external), noting non-conformances and verifying effective corrective action.
• Acts as lead quality auditor, and follows up on audit findings and corrective actions.
• Assesses (if needed) the ability of subcontractors to meet the quality requirements of the project.
• Provides technical and general supervision to direct reports.
• Maintains project QA records for all phases of the project.
• Provides mentoring/people development for direct reports.
• Ensures the establishment of a QA program in line with the functional requirements of the client.
• Approves project and non-project audit schedules.
• Approves project activity quality plans for the QA.
• Maintains QA function records.
Job ID: 124461BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.