At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor led joint venture with Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc., Pegasus Links Constructors (PLC), is seeking candidates for the LBJ 635 East Project.
This $1.74 billion design-build roadway construction project with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) began construction in spring 2020 to improve mobility, operations and safety along Interstate 635 (I-635) in Dallas County. The project spans 11 miles beginning just east of US 75 in North Dallas to I-30 in Mesquite.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of all field construction activities for assigned craft areas in conformance with plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This requires a thorough working knowledge and background of assigned work, the ability to cope with complex situations through deliberate analysis and planning, and see actions in terms of longer-term goals. As a significantly experienced superintendent, it requires directing other line supervision as necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate and direct construction craftsmen in numerous crafts within the assigned area of responsibility. This position is typically responsible for numerous crafts, multiple areas, and/or large numbers of craftsmen; and often including direct oversight or coordination of other contractors/subcontractors.
• Plan and direct the work activities of all involved crafts for assigned construction crafts in alignment with available engineering deliverables, tools, construction equipment, and materials
• Approve or authorize the coordination of craft personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules; typically responsible to establish construction crew organization and composition including craftsmen qualification level, foremen and general foremen
• Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for all construction activities
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 138998BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.