At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
* Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph*
Boiler technicians are responsible for maintaining and repairing boilers in commercial mission critical settings. They commonly work with large equipment that produces hot water or steam to heat buildings or generate power.
Boiler technicians must have a strong understanding of mechanical systems as well as the ability to read schematics and diagrams. They also need to be able to troubleshoot problems when they arise and make quick decisions about how best to resolve them.
• Performing routine maintenance and safety inspections on boilers and other equipment used to generate hot water or steam
• Troubleshooting malfunctions with controls, pumps, valves, gauges, burners, and other components of boilers and steam generators
• Following safety protocols to inspect and clean boilers in order to prevent accidents and injuries
• Conducting regular inspections of boilers to ensure that they are in good working order
• Monitoring systems to ensure that they are operating efficiently
• Maintaining records of boiler usage and performance levels to ensure proper functioning
• Recording data on fuel usage, system pressure levels, and other factors that could affect safety or efficiency
• Performing routine maintenance on boilers and other equipment used to generate steam or power
• May be required to respond after hours for mission critical work
• Work alongside of contractors for maintenance and repairs and overseeing the proper execution by the contractor
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary Rate: $40.00 to $50.00/hour + $4.60/hour Fringe
Positions covered by the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act or Davis-Bacon Act will comply with the statute requirements.
Job ID: 142021BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.