Fluor Plumber Journeyman in Denver, Colorado
* Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph*
Performs plumbing work as assigned.
• The Journeyman Plumber performs skilled technical work in the installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance of domestic water systems, heating water systems, sanitary sewer systems, storm sewers, gas pipe, steam and condensate pipes, and fire protection systems.
• Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes. Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
• Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using ruler, spirit level, and plumb bob.
• Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using handtools and power tools. Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
• Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
• Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic, using hand tools and power tools.
• Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and calks joints. Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leading.
• Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
• Repairs and maintains plumbing, by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains. Follows safe work practices and maintains a clean, safe work area at all times.
•Other duties as assigned
Salary Rate: $20.91 to $39.18/hour + Fringe
Fluor is proud to offer industry leading benefits program that includes access to the following;
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Portable Term Life
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Basic Employee Life Insurance
Life Assistance Program
401(k) with matching program
Supplemental voluntary programs
Positions covered by the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act or Davis-Bacon Act will comply with the statute requirements.
Job ID: 126677BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.