At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Bridging North America (BNA), a partnership of Fluor, ACS Infrastructure Canada and Aecon Group Inc., is seeking candidates for the Gordie Howe International Bridge project.
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
• Experienced with managing self-perform excavation, roadway removals, roadworks, drainage, etc.
• Coordinate with Hot Mix Asphalt and Concrete paving subcontractor
• Responsible for supervising multiple crews and subcontractors
• Develop construction work methods. Plan materials, equipment needs and work schedule for civil operations
• Review daily work schedule and productions with Field Engineers and General Superintendent and update monthly schedule
• Review and understand the projects’ plans and specifications to support job set up activities
• DOT project experience preferred
• Strong adherence and promotion to OSHA and Project Specific Safety Policies
• Document daily field activities and provide technical input to identify and resolve design problems
• Determine crew structure for optimal performance on projects
• Present production work plan to crews
• Works with Quality Staff to coordinate proper inspections and testing for assigned scopes of work
• Responsible for ordering and coordinating equipment and materials to complete production on budget and schedule
Job ID: 138694BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.