At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
ridging North America (BNA), a partnership of Fluor, ACS Infrastructure Canada and Aecon Group Inc., is seeking candidates for the Gordie Howe International Bridge project.
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario
This position provides projects with technical expertise in one or several areas of discipline. Leads discipline engineering specialists in providing technical assistance to construction management.
• Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving activities
• Coordinate the completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepare punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turnover to the client or for start up
• Maintain liaison with the design engineer to schedule and coordinate the release of construction design documents in support of the construction schedule
• Provide marked-up drawings and information required for the preparation of as-built drawings
• Interpret the intent and requirements of the design documents; ensure design drawings are reviewed for completeness and constructability; and ensure drawings are marked-up and information provided as required for the preparation of as-built drawings
• Participate in pre-construction planning efforts during the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and development phases of projects, including the coordination and implementation of the constructability review program
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141533BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.