Fluor Principal, Contract Management in Detroit, Michigan
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across strategic business units, projects, and locations. This position provides oversight for contract management activities on Fluor projects generally as a lead over several minor or a few major contracts within a Fluor project. This role assures, through assigned contract administrators, compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The position requires the contract manager to report to project, department and company senior leadership on the health of the assigned project(s); participate in developing and approving contracting strategies generally directly reporting through an intermediate senior contract manager. The individual will review and approve contract awards with their delegated authority. The Principal, Contract Manager will provide limited supervisory oversight but will act as a lead for the contract execution of assigned contracts and provide training to contract administrators on Fluor’s and Project practices.
• Perform duties and act on own initiative on assigned contracts of increasing complexity and value
• Support Contract Management activities on large-scale projects, with a work scope of US$250 million to US$1 billion (or global equivalent); duties may include assisting multiple Contract Administrators and Contract Managers with the preparation and execution of pre-award and post-award activities
• Read and understand the Prime Contract
• Lead internal Request for Proposal (RFP) and RFP explanation meetings, contract pre-award meetings, final negotiations, and drafting/finalization of contract documents
• Analyze commercial sections of proposals and coordination of technical proposal evaluations; develop final proposal evaluations and prepare contract recommendations, and present recommendation to project team and/or client
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 111126BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.