At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Bridging North America (BNA), a partnership of Fluor, ACS Infrastructure Canada and Aecon Group Inc., is seeking candidates for the Gordie Howe International Bridge project.
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
Under the general direction of Segment Construction Manager, independently plans, schedules and manages projects for the construction and/or repair of heavy civil engineering projects such as roads, bridges, including the supervision of all skilled and semi-skilled workers.
Supervision and Scope:
Works under general supervision having contact with supervisor on a regular basis. Makes responsible, independent decisions on normal matters related to project management. Supervisor is available for consultation for complex situations of a major nature.
Supervises all project subcontract staff (Assistant Superintendents, Project Engineers, Foremen, Laborers, Operators)
Reports to: Segment Construction Manager
• Mobilize and direct the resources assigned in order to achieve maximum contribution to fixed costs and profits
• Meet the standard of workmanship as required by the contract documents
• Establish and monitor construction work schedules
• Allocate work to and supervise the activities of foremen assigned to the project
• Maintain high level of morale among subordinates
• Maintain overall inventory control of all materials, plants and equipment assigned to the project
• Prepare report as per current procedures
• Keep a diary and maintain adequate records regarding items of work under dispute
• Process Force Account and Extra Work Orders as per current procedures
• Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Administer company safety program as per current procedures
• Administer all labor agreements
• Enforce current rules of conduct
• Delegate adequate authority to enable subordinates to carry out their responsibilities
• Keep Construction Manager informed of significant developments
• Cooperate with Subcontracts Specialist in the administration of the contract as it relates to customer relations; settlement of claims, disputes and complaints; negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers
• Promote best interest of the Project
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141425BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.