At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s most complex projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion, and allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Metallurgical / Welding Engineer to join our team. This position has excellent growth opportunity, assisting individuals to develop with the support of senior metallurgical / welding engineers, technical experts, and lead mechanical engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide metallurgical support to the project teams by applying knowledge in the various types of materials used in the oil and gas and chemicals sectors, including an understanding of their applications and limitations.
• Provide welding support to the project teams by applying knowledge of welding processes and industry welding codes (ASME, AWS, API, DNV, NACE etc.) to specific piping and equipment applications and services.
• Support procurement activities by providing input to requisition packages and technical bid evaluations for piping and equipment.
• Support piping and equipment fabrication activities by reviewing Vendor welding procedures. Collaborate with Vendor specialists in resolving metallurgy and welding non-conformances.
• Assist the Metallurgy and Welding Group Leader with training and development of junior personnel.
Job ID: 140733BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.