Fluor Intermediate Structural Design Engineer in Edmonton, Alberta
To enable us to meet challenging new and existing client demands, we are seeking to boost our Structural team in the Edmonton region. The purpose of this position is to provide essential administrative processes and technical knowledge. This position supports the Lead on assigned projects or evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques of intermediate to moderate complexity.
• Understand the client’s drivers and apply fit-for-purpose techniques to develop the best total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
• Review standards, specifications, design criteria, and codes.
• Perform and check calculations, and solve moderately complex engineering problems
• Review vendor documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Analyze and make independent recommendations to solve problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Execute Fluor’s scope of work according to contract requirements
• Interface with client representatives: project, planning, process and instrument engineers, operations and maintenance to align contract requirements and expectations
• Interface with Fluor discipline engineers to develop interdisciplinary drawings and specifications
• Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and process schedule
• Support execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement standards and codes
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 116765BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.