At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to apply engineering constructs of intermediate complexity to propose new methods to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Work on projects of intermediate scope for HSE activities on medium-scale Total Installed Cost (TIC) projects; duties may include assisting in the preparation of design HSE deliverables, the preparation of the supporting HSE documents and assessment of project specific HSE activities
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide recommendations to project management; assist in monitoring implementation of design HSE requirements stipulated in applicable codes and HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and review the project design to assess compliance with all HSE requirements
• Document work requiring evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria, for example, assist the preparation of scope of work for the following HSE studies: Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), coordination and execution of Safety Cases (SC) and support studies, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Fire Protection Specifications (FPS), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and perform analysis of regulations against intermediate size project needs so that design will comply with regulations
• Promote and foster Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment
• Prepare records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring intermediately complex application of HSE standards and goals through its programs
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142958BR
Country: United Kingdom
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.