Fluor Chief Engineer (TS/SCI Clearance Required) in Fauquier County, Virginia
This position is responsible for providing in-depth, detailed
engineering analysis and support as a vital part of a facility operations team supporting the customer’s mission and keeping their data facility online and operational. The daily duties will range from analysis of building HVAC systems, direct customer interface for system/efficiency improvements, daily interaction with the entire facility team (Ops, O&M, etc.), working on various facility processes, to coordinating project & maintenance support for active projects within the facility. In the course of filling this role, one will be responsible for detailed
tasks such as:
• Directly managing a 24/7 Operations department. The Operations group consists of twelve (12) building operators that provide 24/7 support for the facility. This position would be responsible for overseeing the employees & serving as their direct management.
• Oversight of facility Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
• Analysis of existing HVAC systems (dry-cooler based chilled water systems, pumping systems, hot water boiler systems, glycol systems, small fan-coil systems, critical grade/computer room cooling units, etc.)
• Root cause analysis of any system failure events, including after-action summary report for submission to customer
• Serve as on-call resource for after-hours system issues at the facility
• Assist in development of detailed SOPs/MOPs/EOPs for use by 24/7 Operations staff
• Assist in administration of Vendor maintenance contracts; helping coordinate system outages, scheduling of vendor work, direct coordination with vendor to ensure site access, review of vendor SOWs for effective scope & execution of scope by vendors, plus tasking of vendors for maintenance visits
• Direct customer coordination on tasks such as IT room cooling efficiencies, general hot/cold temperature issues, chilled water plant optimization, chiller optimization, dry-cooler fan optimization, coordination/status meetings, etc.
• Review of system operation logs and Daily Rounds sheet to evaluate system performance and preemptively identify system issues
• Assist Configuration Manager working within the customer CMMS to ensure system assets are accurately documented, work orders are input properly, PMs are correctly assigned, and perform QC of various input data
• Serve as a backup to the Facility Manager when required.
• Other Duties as Assigned
Job ID: 128040BR
City: Fauquier County
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.