Fluor Concrete Paving Superintendent in Fletcher, North Carolina
The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of all field construction activities for assigned craft areas in conformance with plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This requires a thorough working knowledge and background of assigned work, the ability to cope with complex situations through deliberate analysis and planning, and see actions in terms of longer-term goals. As a significantly experienced superintendent, it requires directing other line supervision as necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate and direct construction craftsmen in numerous crafts within the assigned area of responsibility. This position is typically responsible for numerous crafts, multiple areas, and/or large numbers of craftsmen; and often including direct oversight or coordination of other contractors/subcontractors.
• Plan and direct the work activities of all involved crafts for assigned construction crafts in alignment with available engineering deliverables, tools, construction equipment, and materials
• Approve or authorize the coordination of craft personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules; typically responsible to establish construction crew organization and composition including craftsmen qualification level, foremen and general foremen
• Directly support project and construction management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for all construction activities
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Have working knowledge of understanding how to set a paving machine up (grades, supers, tie-ins). Be familiar with string less paving (Machine Grade Control) either Leica or Trimble software and have a good working knowledge of placing Concrete Pavement on a bond breaker fabric not asphalt.
• Capable of working with the Concrete Batch Plant Foreman to coordinate daily production needs, being able to look at the concrete coming to the project and making adjustments with the Plant QC Supervisor as needed.
• Need to be able to schedule, coordinate, and work with others (subcontractors, FUA Employees, and NCDOT)
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 125124BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.