At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
"Concrete Walk-behind Saw Cutter will be responsible for operating a variety of concrete saws and coring equipment while also performing general labor duties in a safe and timely manner.
• Accurately cutting joints green concrete using dry cutting, wet cutting and soft cutting methods.
• Candidate must have hand-eye coordination, the ability to make accurate measurements, and the skills and knowledge to operate saws safely and effectively.
• Operation of road saws by walking behind the saw and while having knowledge of the proper set up of the equipment including the removal and securing of different size blades.
• Perform concrete cutting with the use of specialized early entry saw, core drills, and road saw cutting operations while ensuring proper layout, depth, and alignment.
• Operate a core drilling machine and/or dowel drilling machine safely
• Cleans up concrete dust and/or slurry as required• Inspects trucks and equipment before working, and cleans & fuels trucks and equipment
• Communicate with mechanic regarding all truck and equipment problems, repairs, etc.
• Check, lubricate, refuel, and clean equipment and report any malfunctions to the supervisor
• Tag damaged equipment & place in proper repair area
• Soft cut, center-line experience on mainline concrete pavement preferred.
• Acceptable driving record preferred.
• Perform general labor duties along with general maintenance including setup and tear down"
Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 140242BR
State: North Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.