At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
*** Active TS/SCI with Poly Clearance Required ***
The Project Controls cost specialist develops/maintains integrated project budgets, forecasts and actual cost of work performed for Projects in support of missions of high national priority. This position will be located at the clients project site in Northern Virginia. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Working closely with the Project Management, Engineering Management, as well as other technical leads to capture impacts while developing Monthly Cost Forecast
• Interface and collaborate with client to analyze cost performance and implement mitigation strategies to address concerns
• Accumulate and compile accurate cost management data to prepare the project budget and update the progress of the project
• Propose to project leadership the implementation of corrective actions based on identified metrics and variance analysis.
• Developing and maintaining detailed technical quantity based performance metrics
• Support the construction integration process ensuring reliable data and forecasts are available to support all phases and functions of the Project Life Cycle
• Lead the change management process
• Contribute to preparation and maintenance of Change Management Tracking Log
• Maintain the established project cost program and prepare status reports
• Assist in Profit and Margin Analysis reporting
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Collaborate with schedulers to analyze cost and schedule performance and document variances utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) principles.
• Develop and maintain Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work defined by the contract.
• Assisting in Profit and Margin Analysis reporting.
• Maintain the established project cost/schedule program and prepares schedule/cost status reports
• Provide meaningful, accurate historical data
Job ID: 142039BR
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.