Fluor Junior Database Operations and Support Administrator in Gliwice, Poland
In connection with the growth of our IT structures, we are seeking those interested in their career development in the position of:
Junior Database Operations and Support Administrator
Location: Gliwice, Silesia, Poland
You’ll be working in IT team located in Gliwice,
which provides IT services globally for the Fluor Corporation.
We liaise closely with global structures located in the United States.
We are seeking a database administrator with development background to provide database operational support for both Oracle and SQL Server environments. Knowledge of both Oracle and SQL Server as DBA or application development is required; but the position is primarily operational and environment support working with senior DBAs for reporting and follow up of issues and enhancement to the environment. The candidate has a great growth opportunity working with highly skilled team of DBAs and architects.
• Work with senior DBA staff for technical and process follow up and or/assignments.
• Coordinate and follow up Windows server and database upgrades and patches.
• Develop a list of archived databases, version, change requests, and incidents. Provide statistics and trending to management.
• Develop and manage an architectural list of databases (Dev, test, Q/A, integration, production) and application/databases relationship for upgrade planning.
• Review backup reports; identify and follow up on failed backups with other technical teams.
• Coordinate and establish a library of best practices policies and standard; generate list of violations and follow up on resolution.
• Assist with database licensing and compliance. Manage and monitor license growth and assist with developing consolidation alternatives.
• Generate database security reports, analyze users access and follow up with non-compliance database access requests.
• Generate and report on database utilization growth and generate space, I/O, CPU and RAM trending statistics for capacity planning.
• Manage and report database inventory list, follow up with projects on removing inactive databases, tables and instances.
Job ID: 114505BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.