Fluor Senior SQL Database Administrator in Gliwice, Poland
In connection with the growth of our IT structures, we are seeking those interested in their career development in the position of:
Senior SQL Database Administrator
Performance Monitoring & SQL Tuning
Location: Gliwice, Silesia, Poland
You’ll be working in IT team located in Gliwice,
which provides IT services globally for the Fluor Corporation.
We liaise closely with global structures located in the United States.
We are seeking a senior database administrator with performance monitoring and SQL Server background to provide application performance enhancement support to application developers. The candidate has a great growth opportunity working with highly skilled team of senior DBAs and architects.
As a company we have a large and complex SQL Server environment with over 500 instances running on 100+ dedicated servers. The platform supports critical global enterprise applications including some servers in high availability configuration. We also have a large Oracle environment and some Oracle experience is plus but the emphasis of this position is primarily on SQL Server platform and SQL Server applications performance monitoring.
• Evaluate and implement new database technologies and integrate them with existing systems to satisfy user and organizational information requirements.
• Manage and administer security rights assignments to database servers and databases.
• Develop and test database migration procedures and scripts and provide documentation to teams supporting hosted SQL Server environments.
• Stay abreast to new developments for SQL Server to bring improvements in the current environment.
• Ensure system availability and data integrity; oversee database backup and recoveries, report performance, disk space, and network connectivity issues.
• Review, analyze, and recommend database/system parameters and SQL optimization configuration for performance improvement.
Job ID: 114506BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.