At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The Construction Planner provides field construction management services to include technical support, project estimation, change management documentation, scheduling input, overall construction execution, maintenance services, project turnover, and emergency coverage.
• Review conceptual documents, vendor information and design EI packages providing constructability during all phases of engineering.
• Get proper approval and document all work, including change orders, before beginning work.
• Establish deliverables at the beginning or each project, i.e., turnover packages, quality documents, schedules, cost meetings, and/or as-builts.
• Work with the client and contractors to develop accurate, professional schedules including task lists, durations, and sequencing information.
• Work with the client and contractor on project estimates. Make sure scope is clear and understood, and that estimates match the work and appear reasonable for the described work.
• Coordinate and schedule the timing for site orientation with Fluor Safety.
• Verify proper Chemical Clearance prior the bringing any chemicals on site.
• Generate complete, accurate and timely RFA (Request for Action) including clear and accurate scope, start and end dates and attachments.
• Develop overall project Sourcing plans and execution strategies.
• Participate in pre-bid meetings to describe scope in detail and answer questions.
• Organize and run Daily huddles and execution meetings.
• Monitor the work in the field for progress, performance, quality, safety, and any special requirements.
• Approve timesheets verifying that the work was performed that day, is being charged correctly.
• Approve invoices verifying work is being charged to correct WBS numbers and there is enough money in the budget to support the charges you are approving.
• Actively participate in cost and schedule meetings keeping client informed.
• Ensure that all plant permits are thoroughly understood by the contractor, and they are being used/issued properly.
• Work with client and contractors to develop downtime schedules and establish construction work areas.
• Ensure clients needs are met within our guidelines.
• Keep work areas clean, neat and organized.
• Coordinate the completion of construction activities for turnover. Prepare and track punch list and/or exception lists to ensure readiness for turnover.
• At the end of each project prepare and submit the turnover package.
• Maintain a good set of project files keeping your documentation neat and orderly.
• Make sure contractors understand and follow site standards and policies including security and auditing procedures.
• Always promote the importance of safety. Review and sign STA’s to ensure they comply with site safety rules. Participate in site safety audits.
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 137362BR
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.