At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
As a valued member of Fluor’s Mining & Metals group, you will have the opportunity to work in a team with proven capabilities and experience in successfully delivering large, complex projects for mining, metals, and fertilizers clients around the globe. Our team is the Fluor Center of Excellence for Metals, Fertilizers and Lithium, and we are excited to be a key contributor to industries that are shaping the next wave of sustainable urban development.
We are seeking an experienced Aluminum and/or Steel Processing Equipment Engineer that will be a key resource in the development of front end and detail engineering activities. This candidate would be responsible for, as a minimum:
• Translation of client product requirements into OEM equipment specification and sizing
• Owner and OEM collaboration in development of an optimized plant layout utilizing current technologies
• Development of system layout including material flows, equipment utilization, scrap handling, crane utilization, and operator optimization
• Development of baseline project documents including equipment costs, estimates, schedules, and facility and services written scopes
• Perform front end studies such as cost vs. benefit analysis to determine most cost effective system application and layout
• Development of Aluminum and/or Steel Mill system design criteria and technical specifications
• Develop equipment specifications, data sheets, and narratives to support the procurement of OEM equipment
• Develop Requisitions, perform bid analysis of OEM quotes, and finalize purchasing documents.
• Review OEM designs to ensure compliance with specification requirements
• Coordinate design activities with the associated disciplines and construction
• Serve as a technical specialist and mentor to other engineers in a collaborative environment
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 142247BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.