At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
As a valuable member of Fluor Greenville’s Central Engineering Group, you will have the opportunity to work in both the Advanced Technology & Life Sciences Business Unit and the Mining & Metals Business Unit. You will work on teams with proven capabilities and experience in the successful delivery of large, complex projects for clients for advanced manufacturing, micro-electronics, biopharma, mining & ore processing, and metals manufacturing and production facilities, both domestically and around the globe. Our Greenville teams are the Fluor Center of Excellence for both Advanced Manufacturing and Life Sciences and for Metals, Fertilizers and Lithium, and we are excited to be a key contributor to industries that are shaping the next wave of sustainable urban developments.
The purpose of this position is to apply a general understanding of design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position is performed under the oversight of the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and performs assigned aspects of engineering execution, applying basic engineering principles.
• Perform routine calculations and check calculations performed by others, specify simple equipment, and solve problems of simple engineering complexity
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Monitor material estimates and quantities; participate in equipment and material procurement activities
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 135030BR
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.